Having been asked about my wishlists, I figured I’d post my real wishlist. Note that I’ve left off personal happiness, general fulfillment, and health issues here because either I already have them or they can’t be bought or otherwise gained through personal exertion & talent. This is primarily a list of materialistic desires. If I manage to complete just a few of these before I die I’ll be amazed. Presented in order from relatively least difficult to relatively most difficult to obtain.
10. Visit Tokyo and Italy (on different trips).
9. Drink a 1945 Petrus, a 1921 Chateau d’Yquem, a 1919 La Tache, and an 1847 vintage Port (not all at once).
8. Have a really big kitchen.*
7. Own a house on a cliff.**
6. Own an original work by Kandinsky, Van Gogh, Lichtenstein, or Warhol.
5. Have a full-time maid.
4. Have a book on the New York Times best seller list.
3. Appear (as a legitimate guest) on Letterman.
2. Be paid to endorse something.
1. Receive an Academy Award.
* Should be included with #7, but not necessarily.
** Our current house is sort of on a cliff. I envision a substantially bigger house, though, on a substantially bigger cliff.